Scope of Services:
Application Services is looking for a Business Analyst (BA) to assist the Strategic Development (SD) Team with the overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project-oriented work efforts. The BA will be responsible for reviewing, evaluating, and disseminating correspondence, assignments and reports throughout the SD Team and Application Services, as applicable. The BA will be responsible for assisting SD PM’s with assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts daily, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately. Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
The BA must have a strong back ground in facilitating joint analysis workshops with customers, gathering documenting, and managing business and technical requirements. The BA may be tasked with managing one or more projects of low complexity and must possess a moderate knowledge and proficiency in the use of project management methodologies and tools, schedule management practices and change management techniques. They will be responsible for composing project schedules and status reports; while balancing additional project-oriented work efforts as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Communication, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
Certification in any of the following desired, but not required: Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Product Owner, CBAP, PMI-PBA, PMI-ACP, PMP.
• 2 to 3 years of work experience in coordinating large groups, sections, or division. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint, required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft SharePoint, highly desired.
• Current experience with or knowledge of the Department’s Security and Access Management System, AARF, is a plus.
• Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge of Florida Department of Transportation systems and applications.
Primary Job Duties/ Tasks:
The activities this candidate will be tasked with include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provide full administrative support to the Project Managers and Strategic Development Manager, including status and schedule reporting, change and procurement management.
• Supply requests for information and data, as requested.
• Coordinates communication with all areas of the office that impact resources of the work effort being managed.
• Proactively undertake other duties, as assigned.
• Consults with staff on issues requiring further work or investigation. Rewrites and revises documents as needed.
• Provides administrative support for meetings by recording and typing notes, development and distribution of agenda and supporting documents, and ensuring that assignments or follow up that may be required is communicated to appropriate staff and tracked to completion.
• Create and run Innotas reports as requested. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Provides support and coordination of logistics for conferences, meetings, conference calls and other events.
• Facilitate joint analysis workshops with customers.
• Research and understand DOT business processes and their inter-relationships.
• Gather, document, and manage business and technical requirements.
• Assist customers with development of business cases.
• Analyze and design system processes and databases.
• Develop business and system analysis and design models using Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect and Visio using Unified Modeling Language (UML), Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN), database engineering, and other methods.
• Document application and database specifications.
• Liaison between users and technical staff.
• Perform oversight reviews of requirements and testing deliverables for compliance with department standards.
• Perform application testing, including developing and executing test plans, test cases, and coordinating User Acceptance Testing.
• Track and manage work tasks according to project schedules and Team-specific task management processes.
• Manage and proactively update project status tracking.
• Complete the necessary project status reporting as required by the Project Manager, Stakeholders, and Leadership.
• Reviews, evaluates, and disseminates correspondence, assignments, reports and other documents using judgment to ensure that relevant policy issues are addressed, that policy and procedures are followed, that items are responsive to the issues under consideration, and that content and quality are appropriate.
• Understand and comply with the reporting and documentation requirements outlined in the Agency for State Technology (AST), Chapter 74-1 F.A.C.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
The submitted candidate must be able to apply the specific knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
• Strong familiarity with all Microsoft Office products
• Experience with SharePoint workflows
• The ability to multi-task, appropriately prioritize, work with minimal supervision, and achieve results in a fast-paced environment is required
• Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
• Familiarity with GoTo Meeting
• Experience in identifying, developing, and deploying process improvements
• Experience with Innotas is preferred, but not required
• Experience taking meeting notes, in a fast-paced, large-group setting
• Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
• Knowledge of project management principles and practices (PMBOK)
• Knowledge of Agile methods
• Ability to facilitate, present, and create grammatically correct, plain language documentation
• Able to be trusted with sensitive information
• Accountable team player who believes no task is too small or too big to tackle
• Possess a high level of honesty and integrity in all matters
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Advanced interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
• Ability to conduct research into issues and topics as assigned
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new things quickly
• Ability to effectively communicate ideas
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Keen attention to detail
• Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Strong customer service orientation