This role will support the New York Power Authority's (NYPA) Asset Information department. The Specialist will provide support to Maximo, GE Digital's Asset Performance Management (APM) solutions tool, GE Asset Answers and OSIsoft PI system. The successful candidate must have technical abilities in these software’s, but also the ability to gather business requirements and work with internal IT staff and software developer.
Local candidates only.
Functions and Responsibilities
• Under NYPA’s Asset Information Strategy group, to support Provide business level support and some technical support to the following systems:
· Maximo, GE Digital's APM solution tool, GE Asset Answers and OSI PI.
• For the aforementioned systems, ensuring data quality, and solid understanding of business requirements, which can be articulated to the development of technical solutions.
• Serve as the Region’s Maximo SME to ensure standardization of Maximo Usage across Operations and data integrity.
• Generate all reports as necessary.
• Support Asset Management in the implementation and ongoing improvement of all data on physical assets.
• Responsible for preparing documentation and coordinating in support of the change control process and internal governance meetings throughout the project life cycle.
• Provide support in performing specialized analyses of corrective action plans to determine the most effective means of addressing potential problems.
• Solid understanding of Maximo both technical and business
• Good understanding of GE Digital's APM tool, GE Asset Answers and OSI PI both technical and business
• Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment with other stakeholders to understand business requirements
• Excellent oral and written skills
• Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to analyze complex data and develop logical solutions to problems.
• Ability to identify, analyze, define, develop and implement changes to an integrated information system.
• Ability to define problem areas, as well as develop and recommend effective courses of action.
• Proven ability to perform in a technical role, possess good written and oral communications skills, and have a thorough of industry practices and regulations.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Applications such as Excel, Power Point, Word, Access, Project, and SharePoint.
• Advanced proficiency of Maximo preferred.
Education and Certifications
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Finance, IT, or related field.
5+ year of experience related utility or planning experience.
Monday through Friday
8-hour day consisting of 7.5 workday plus a .5 unpaid lunch.
Paid for time worked only; there are no paid holidays, vacation or sick days
Overtime is not permitted unless authorized in advanced.
Contingent worker is required to badge in and out of the Main Lobby turnstiles for all daily entrances and exits.