• The Hybrid Platform Engineering team’s key role is to provide cutting-edge engineering solutions to maintain stability and availability of applications used by the associates servicing Personal Investing customers. The team has thorough knowledge on app server/web server technologies, Integration & Deployment technologies, Monitoring tools and Scripting & Automation technologies.
• This role requires any or all the following support functions: Develop automated frameworks to provide enhanced support, CI-CD pipeline creation and maintenance, incident management, change management, application and environment configuration, operational stability and availability of the applications, problem resolution, and project management.
• The applications are critical to Fidelity’s Personal Investing day-today transaction processing. The applications run on middleware technologies like ISS, Tomcat, Apache, GIT/Stash, Jenkins, Ansible, uDeploy, Power Shell, Shell Scripting, Python in Windows and Linux Environment.
• Develop automated frameworks to provide enhanced support.
• Provide CI-CD services for all the applications hosted in Windows/ and Linux.
• Provide daily operational support for Suite of applications that PI reps and customer use.
• Study the system and pro-actively provide automated solutions for daily operations, deployment and monitoring.
• Participate in small to large initiatives on project delivery tasks.
• Document operational procedures and share knowledge with the rest of the Operations and other teams.
Skills and Experience
• Hands-on experience on automation efforts.
• Operating Systems: Linux/ Windows
• App/Web server: Tomcat, Apache, IIS
• DevOps/Container Technologies: Jenkins, Stash/BitBucket/jFrog, ANSIBLE, uDeploy, AWS / AZURE, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Artifactory, Kubernetes
• Scripting: Shell Scripting, Power Shell and Python
• Monitoring/Testing Tools: Splunk, ELK, SoapUI, DataDog
• Focus on improvements in Automations, Logging and Monitoring.
• DevOps implementation in Cloud would be an added advantage.
• Establish plan for continuous improvement regarding stability and availability.
• Site Scope, Splunk, Dynatrace and any other Automations for monitoring.
• Deployment Automation Tools: UDeploy, Ansible Any other automations on Deployment.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Must be capable of learning complex processes quickly and have ability to learn through independent research.
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
• The applicant should demonstrate effective communication skills; both written and verbal.
• Ability to learn and work quickly to meet business deadlines.
• CI-CD pipeline creation and maintenance
• Tomcat, Apache
• GIT/Stash, Jenkins
• Power Shell, Shell Scripting, Python
• Windows and Linux Environment Mostly Linux.
Environment and related tools: CICD tools (Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket), DevOps and Agile methodology (Scrum / Kanban) is required.