• The selected applicant will serve as part of a team of geographic information system (GIS) specialists who create or maintain spatial databases, perform related computer programming activities, create or update maps, perform spatial analyses and process data requests.
• Other duties include: Gathering complete business requirements and gaining business approval before proceeding with solutions, maintaining a list of backlog requests, assisting in the prioritization of the backlog and planning of work streams.
• Candidates should possess a strong background of working with ArcGIS for Server creating map services, as well as a working knowledge of publishing GIS maps for public use and consumption.
• Candidates should have strong written and oral communications skills, combined with the ability to work effectively with others in establishing cooperative relationships, and in a variety of settings (individuals, groups, inter- and intra-agency, etc.).
• Experience in hydrologic modelling, scripting with Python (Jupiter Notebooks), data mining, climate modelling and scenario building, interdisciplinary data handling and management, remote sensed data (Lidar, etc.), and flood hydrology.
• An understanding of civil engineering concepts and spatial/statistical methods for data analysis is highly desired.
• A familiarity with agile project management methodologies and the principles and practices of transportation planning is preferred.
• ESRI ArcGIS Desktop 10.3.1* (ArcMap and ArcCatalog)
• ESRI ArcGIS Spatial Analyst Extension
• ESRI ArcGIS 3D Analyst Extension
• ESRI Arc Hydro Tools for ESRI ArcGIS Desktop 10.3
• Experience managing ESRI Services is a cloud environment
• Knowledge of user-friendly Python IDE’s such as PyScripter (https://sourceforge.net/projects/pyscripter/) in which to view, edit, and run Python scripts.
• ET GeoWizards licensed version 11.3 for ArcGIS 10.3
• ArcGIS Enterprise platform application and database management
• SQL Server database administration