We are looking for a user experience designer with strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of engaging user experiences. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a design engagement. The candidate will also have extensive experience in a fast-paced and innovative development environment. A thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies is a must.
· Five or more years of user experience design experience for software, Web applications which leverage emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices
· Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs by W3C standards as well as internal applications capabilities
· Responsive and adaptive design
· Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability by writing clean syntax
· Collaborating with designers and developers to build, test, and launch innovative solutions to current web applications
· The website should have a robust search function that is able to efficiently identify the user's need. An auto tag system for pages is preferred but a manual keyword tag should be available.
· Design a website with a consistent look and feel to all pages (fonts, graphics, color schemes, and navigation tools).
· The top-level users should be able to create new pages and give permissions to content submitters to edit them and Improve the tools that support updating the website, i.e.; the CMS (Word press)
· Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, general web functions and standards.
· The Client currently utilizes an agenda and board management system called Novus Agenda. They have the ability to have code integrated into the site to display their content but will not provide this framework unless the Client has a responsive design. The new website should be able to accommodate this integration.
· The website should have a clean and efficient design that enables site visitors to quickly process the layout and eschews the feeling of being too “busy.”
· Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail
· Ability to create wireframes as well as visual design comps
· Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Fireworks and associated design tools
· The content editing system should be in a format where content (text and graphics) is displayed onscreen during editing and it appears in a form that closely corresponds to its appearance when printed or displayed. Fonts and other text editing features should be limited to maintain uniformity across the website. It is assumed that content submitters do not have knowledge of web coding or development.
· Principles, methods, materials, techniques and trends of graphic design and reproduction.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Understanding of common software development practices
Technology required: Web service, ASP.NET, Word press or Joomla, Java script, jQuery, Widget, Google Analytics, Windows 7, HTTP, Microsoft Azure, HTML, CSS, Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign