The client requires the services of a Project Manager to manage the orderly construction/deconstruction/relocation of mission critical radio communications infrastructure in a manner that minimizes risk, and ensures service continuity to stakeholders. Working under the general direction of project sponsors and/or their delegates, the project manager will organize and manage all aspects of the assigned project.
The Project Manager you will be required to:
• Develop and maintain detailed project plans throughout the lifecycle of the project
• Prepare and maintain a project communications plan
• Prepare detailed cost, resource and schedule estimates and provide options and recommendations to sponsors
• Implement a rigorous change control process
• Develop and provide regular status updates to all stakeholders
• Ensure project deliverables are delivered on time and are high quality
• Lead and direct project team members, internal and contracted, to complete project goals
The incumbent may be required to work under compressed deadlines as required.
Your experience includes:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related Engineering or IT field.
• Project management certification, familiar with PRINCE2 and PMI project planning and execution. PMP and/or PRINCE2 certification is an asset.
• Five (5) or more years of experience managing IT/communications projects, including change initiatives, navigating complex environments and influencing desirable outcomes through positive and collaborative relationship management.
• Three (3) or more years of experience with vendor management and co-management of projects alongside external General Contractors.
• Demonstrable experience managing life safety radio communications projects, including familiarity with land mobile radio technologies including the Project 25 (P25) standard, is an asset.