SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
• SCDHHS is seeking an expert Business Analyst (BA) to work directly with the OIM and Medicaid Enterprise System (MES) leadership teams to ensure the successful completion of complex business solutions in accordance with the Deputy Director of OIM’s vision for the Medicaid Enterprise System.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The BA will serve as a liaison between business and technical units within SCDHHS to facilitate clear articulation and delivery of solutions to business process needs.
• The BA will work with various internal teams including Agency Leadership, Project Directors/Project Managers, Technical Directors/Developers, Business and Technology Stakeholders/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other Agency staff to gather and generate artifacts needed to support additions or changes.
• We are looking for candidates with significant, current experience in South Carolina Medicaid or other public benefit programs who are highly organized, can work independently in a fast-paced environment and produce multiple quality deliverables with varying deadlines.
• Candidates should be self-starters and creative problem solvers and have the flexibility to learn new products and technologies quickly.
• Work alongside appropriate staff, teams, stakeholders and other points of contact (POCs) as required, to understand the business goals, objectives, and requirements of complex information systems and business processes
• Participate in and lead design level discussions to provide recommendations on document and artifact deliverables based upon administrative, technical and management aspects of the agency transformation initiative
• Work with technical staff and business stakeholders to create deliverables and artifacts that are intended for audiences of varying levels of technical and business knowledge
• Organize and write supporting technical and project documents as needed
• Revise documents as changes or modifications to information systems and services occur
• Use technological and administrative skills to plan, organize and achieve both clearly defined and “in-flight” business processes
• Current experience with South Carolina Medicaid, Social Services, or similar public benefit programs is strongly desired and will be given the highest weight. Experience must include well documented success in the creation and performance of business processes and procedures supportive of a secure, compliant enterprise architecture.
• Experience with groups of varying sizes and capacities who are working towards multiple goals with varying stakeholders and deadlines is key to this position. Particular weight will be given to individuals who have experience with groups beholden to federal, state, and/or industry compliance and/or timeliness standards.
• Experience with multi-vendor environments is preferred.
• Experience with development and management of requirements as related to the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is ideal.
• Experience with multi-tenant environments, cloud services and vendor interface management would be considered desirable for this position.
• Experience with documentation and artifacts related to any or all the following technologies would be considered a desirable for this position:
• Medicaid Management Information Systems (or other Health Information Technologies)
• Agile Software Development
• Content collaboration/ project management software such as JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, etc.
• Diagramming software such as Visio, Bizagi, etc.
• Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist (and often lead) in the design, development, implementation and/or ongoing maturation of SCDHHS systems, processes, and/ or artifacts
• Assist (and often lead) in requirements gathering using workshops, interviews and JAD sessions
• Utilize Microsoft Office software suite, eGRC system, Bizagi, Atlassian and other products to document and report on information gathered OIM efforts
• Collaborate with agency leadership, business partners and other parties/stakeholders to provide recommendations on business and technical processes
Required Skills (rank in order of Importance):
• 3+ years Business Analysis experience in the software development field
• 3+ years of experience in requirements elicitation, reporting and management
• 3+ years of experience working on data-centric projects
• Experience in Agile Software Development
Preferred Skills (rank in order of Importance):
• Prior experience in working with Jira and Confluence systems.
• Prior experience in working with MS SharePoint, Project Web App.
• Experienced with X12 EDI transactions
• Work on DevOps teams
• Work on NoSQL technologies
• Basic understanding of mainframe systems
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required
|Database Platforms||Agile||Yes||1||Expert||Within 6 Months||2 - 4 Years|
|Database Platforms||MS SharePoint||No||1||Expert||Currently Using||2 - 4 Years|
|Education||Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business field||Yes||1||Expert||Within 6 Months||2 - 4 Years|
|Miscellaneous||experience in government IT projects as a business analyst or related duties||Yes||1||Expert||Within 6 Months||2 - 4 Years|
|Miscellaneous||Confluence||No||1||Expert||Currently Using||2 - 4 Years|
|MMIS - Medicaid Management Informaiton System||HIPAA X12 transactions||No||1||Expert||Currently Using||2 - 4 Years|
|Program Management - RUP methodology||Eliciting, mining, and documenting business rules, processes||Yes||1||Expert||Within 6 Months||2 - 4 Years|
|Software Framwork||JIRA framework||No||1||Expert||Currently Using||2 - 4 Years|
|Specialties||Business Analysis experience||Yes||1||Expert||Within 6 Months||2 - 4 Years|