Scope of the project:
• SCDHHS is seeking an expert Quality Analysis (QA) Tester to work directly with the OIM and Medicaid Enterprise System (MES) leadership teams to ensure the successful completion of complex business solutions in accordance with the Deputy Director of OIM’s vision for the Medicaid Enterprise System.
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
• The QA Tester will serve as a liaison between business and technical units within SCDHHS to translate business requirements and/or policy into test cases and scenarios.
• The QA Tester will work with various internal teams including Project Directors/Project Managers, Technical Directors/Developers, Business and Technology Stakeholders/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other Agency staff to gather and generate artifacts needed to build test cases and scenarios.We are looking for candidates with significant, current experience in South Carolina Medicaid or other public benefit programs who are highly organized, can work independently in a fast-paced environment and produce multiple quality deliverables with varying deadlines. Candidates should be self-starters and creative problem solvers and have the flexibility to learn new products and technologies quickly.
• Work alongside appropriate staff, teams, stakeholders and other points of contact (POCs) as required, to understand the goals and objectives of complex information systems and business processes
• Translate business requirements or policy documentation into test cases and scenarios
• Build test cases and scenarios into test systems process areas
• Document and support development of test scenarios/cases and the execution of testing activities
• Current experience with South Carolina Medicaid, Social Services, or similar public benefit programs is strongly desired and will be given the highest weight. Experience must include well documented success in the creation and performance of test-driven development concepts (BDD, TDD, ATDD) within a DevOps environment.
• Experience with multi-vendor environments is preferred.
• Experience with development and management of requirements and test cases as related to the System
• Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is ideal.
• Experience with multi-tenant environments, cloud services and vendor interface management would be considered desirable for this position.
• Experience with documentation and artifacts related to any or all the following technologies would be considered a desirable for this position:
• Medicaid Management Information Systems (or other Health Information Technologies
• Agile Software Developmen
• Content collaboration/ project management software such as JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, etc
• Diagramming software such as Visio, Bizagi, etc
• Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
• Build tools such as Jenkins and Bambo
• SOAP U
• NoSQL Database technologies
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• Use database testing frameworks and technologies across multiple technology stacks
• Utilize Microsoft Office software suite, eGRC system, Bizagi, Atlassian and other products to document and report on information gathered during MES effort
• With minimal guidance, use strong analytical skills to solve problems and provide updates to management
• Prepare and present information, by writing and/ or speaking, to multiple levels of Agency leadership
• Work with QA Engineers, Business Analysts and Developers to execute testing activities
Required Skills (rank in order of Importance):
• 3+ years of translating business requirements or policy documentation into test cases and scenarios
• 3+ years of building test cases and scenarios into test systems process area
• 3+ years of direct hands on experience with formal test design techniques
• Experience with database testing frameworks and technologies across multiple technology stacks
• 3+ years of experience working on data-centric projects
• Experience in Agile Software Development
Preferred Skills (rank in order of Importance):
• Experience with Atlassian tool suite to include JIRA.
• Experience with Build tools like Jenkins, Bamboo.
• Solid testing and validation skills and understanding of simulated data.
• Familiarity with SOAP UI automation testing.
• Familiarity with NoSQL database technologies.
• Docker and Kubernetes
• Self-starter, with a keen interest in technology and highly motivated towards success
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required