• The Ohio Department of Aging (ODA) is looking for an experienced, skilled, and motivated Oracle APEX developer to join the team.
• As Oracle APEX developer contractor, she or he is responsible for enhancing and maintaining a few critical internal application built in Oracle APEX platform.
• She or he will also gather requirements from business unit and make timely changes in application.
This position will function as a highly skilled Oracle Apex developer that include:
• Maintain and manage Oracle Apex platform
• Performs system analysis and system development tasks.
• Analyzes functional business applications and transforms them into detailed system design documents.
• Prepares detailed specifications from which applications will be written and designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those applications.
• Prepare required documentation.
• PL/SQL and SQL coding, tuning and troubleshooting
• Oracle APEX workspace admin, page and web services development
• Web Services Development using ORDS and Oracle APEX
• Oracle APEX database installation and troubleshooting
• Apache Tomcat installation, application deployment, JDBC connection pooling creation
• Document system builds and application configurations; maintain and update documentation as needed
• Conform to SQL and PL/SQL coding standards and best practices
• Assist in database design and application development
• Analysis and requirement gathering as well as documenting specifications
• Create and maintain all necessary documentation for developed applications
• Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
• Experience working with cross-functional teams
• Experience with data extract, EDI, online invoice system, and/or incident reporting system in Oracle APEX platform.
• 4-year college degree or equivalent technical study
• 10+ years of Oracle APEX workspace admin, page and web services development
• 10+ years of Java (J2EE) application development experience
• 10+ years of Experience with Application Development Support
• 10+ years of SQL and PS/SQL coding
• Ability to define and tackle logical problems for highly technical applications
• Ability to perform requirement gathering and documenting specifications
• Good communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients