The United States Attorney’s Office District of South Carolina is looking for Full Time (40 hrs/week) Personnel Assistant I to assist the Human Resources Office in carrying out daily task for the District of South Carolina.
The United States Attorney’s Office carries out administrative and consulting functions necessary to managing over 100 employees in an organization from the time they apply for a job to when they leave. This includes assisting management, operating programs, and carrying out activities prescribed by law, executive order, OMB Circulars, OPM regulation, and department and agency policy and regulations. The primary programs are position classification, recruitment, internal placement, training and development, employee relations, benefits and services, collecting and process data, and record keeping. The personnel office informs and helps employees regarding rights, benefits and procedures, while also advising and assisting managers and supervisors to perform their responsibilities in managing their people. In addition, the personnel office has regular or as-needed interface and communications with certain elements of outside agencies such as OPM, DOL, EEOC, and the Federal Labor Relations authority. Within the serviced activity the office has similar degrees of connections with legal, medical, safety, security, and law enforcement organizations on matters regarding the Federal workforce.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Provide a variety of clerical & technical support services in a fast paced legal office that include but are not limited to the following:
Initiate the security clearance process for new employees
Coordinate Time & Attendance procedures and maintain database
Distribute training information, process training forms and maintain database
Manage records & files
Manage student schedules and process work study invoices for payment.
Provide Administrative support to include but not limited to the following:
1 Type correspondence using word processing software
2 Complete a variety of Forms accurately & quickly
3 Generate Form letters and merge form letters with Mailing lists
4 Apply specialized terminology appropriately
5 Schedule appointments
6 Update on-line data, verify & correct existing records and create new on-line records
7 Print predetermined management reports
8 Handle inquiries regarding Personnel/Payroll information maintained in database
9 Edit & re-format written and electronic draft documents using Microsoft Word
10 Efficiently operate a variety of office equipment such as PC’s, copiers, fax machines and multi-line telephone systems.
Experience and Qualifications:
1 Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a professional office environment.
2 Knowledge of standard office methods & procedures and computer equipment.
3 Type 30-40 wpm (words per minute)
4 Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
5 Outstanding oral communication skills and knowledge of English usage, spelling, grammar & punctuation.
6 Must be detail oriented and able to function efficiently in a fast-paced environment under specific deadlines
7 Must be a U.S citizen and successfully undergo an extensive background investigation
8 High school Diploma required, Associate or Bachelor’s Degree desired
• Must possess at least 2-3 years of experience in a Financial Litigation Unit or comparable debt collection background. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is preferred.
• Contractor may be required to enroll in offsite training at the National Advocacy Center, Columbia, SC.
Specific skills and abilities to fulfill the following requirements:
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Conduct interviews and gather information.
• Type at a speed and error free rate necessary for successful job performance.
• Respond to questions and inquiries from the public and District personnel regarding policies and procedures for assigned area.
• Plan and organize workload to meet scheduled timelines.
• Operate modern office equipment including computer equipment and software.
• Establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• The ability to reason, analyze and communicate complex information both verbally and in writing.
• The ability to work cooperatively with others.