1. Candidate MUST be US Citizen
The Systems Engineering team is looking for a highly skilled system engineer with LabVIEW skills to join our Test Solutions products team. Test Solutions is a new and growing area for Harris. The team is responsible for creating, promoting and supporting automated testing solutions for Harris radio and related products that are sold internationally and to the Department of Defense. As such, team members also participate in some proposal, demonstration and program execution activities. The candidate’s primary function will be to shape the future of customer radio test systems and develop end to end system solutions. Heavy emphasis will be placed on creating LabVIEW software to test radio functionality.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for:
• Defining technical strategic direction for Maintenance Systems and bringing short- and long-term goals to fruition.
• Defining the test requirements for the radio products based on the factory test methods and determining how to best implement.
• Prototyping / building designs to validate functionality and efficiency.
• Developing strategies and designs to keep Maintenance Solutions competitive in the marketplace.
• Leading the development of a new software architecture designed to cut test development costs.
• Transitioning existing tests to the new architecture enabling Harris to compete on large DoD opportunities.
• Supporting existing orders and creating proposals as we continue to grow our Maintenance Solutions
• Acting as a technical expert on Maintenance Solutions for our Sales and Program Management teams.
• Installing and commissioning Maintenance Solutions at customer facilities.
• Evaluating OEM test equipment for inclusion in future Maintenance Solutions.
Responsible for research, design, and development of computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development. Primarily responsible for the design and development of software products for a variety software applications. Participates in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and test of software products. Applies computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis concepts and principles in the development of software for the target application. Works closely with cross functional members of the engineering organization to develop and evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, and operational performance requirements and design of the overall system. Develops software test procedures, software programs, and related documentation. Contributes to determining, estimating, and validating the cost and scope of software efforts to ensure software performed meets program cost, schedule, and technical constraints.
Senior professional with strong knowledge of job area and broad knowledge of project management.
Manages complex projects or processes with general oversight.
Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures.
Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes.
Contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results.