• This position, reporting to the Manager PD-EDTT, will work exclusively in the EDTT portfolio performing portfolio and solution-level architecture services as well as performing hands-on support for operational services.
• This position will participate as the EDTT portfolio representative in the Sector’s Architecture Working Group (AWG) which will include various architecture support activities such as: creation/review of Architecture Solution Documents, support application development and support initiatives, review/update of architecture standards/procedures, identify IT vulnerabilities/threats and update of the sector Application Catalog.
• The role collaborates with the IMT portfolio and the business clients to manage the planning, delivery and operation of technology and information on an IT portfolio basis, including portfolio strategic planning and roadmap.
Description of Services
• This role is responsible for understanding and describing client’s requirements and translating it into an overall architecture vision, strategy and a set of architecture principles. This includes the active communication and promotion of the vision, strategy and principles. This role is also responsible for defining the enterprise architecture framework in order to avoid redundancy, have integrated, cost-effective solutions and provide a common foundation for all system, service and infrastructure developments.
• Guide and assist in enablement of business and technology programs and project plans, business cases, roadmaps and other supporting activities.
• Guide and support business activity monitoring and business intelligence (analysis and reporting) activities.
• Support linkages to Government of Alberta strategies and goals.
• Guide and support business, process, application and technology integration activities with other Government of Alberta departments and external stakeholder groups.
• Assist in defining governance and organization design to support new structures, processes, and approaches resulting from business and technology transformation.
• Support internal and external stakeholder engagement workshops and meetings.
• Support program management and change management leads in the successful delivery of business and technical initiatives.
• Provide tracking and reporting of time and status on all work as required.
Description of Skill
Min Years of Experience
M2 - The proposed resource must meet or exceed one of the following combinations of education or certification and experience in the resource role:
M3 - Experience understanding the Architectures of organizations, designing Target Architectures that meet operational and business goals, and developing transition plans that realize Target Architectures.
M4 - Experience in building technical environments, supporting software development processes and initiatives, software configuration and database management.
M5 - Experience assisting clients execute strategies with technology, process, organizational design and IT operations.
M6 - Experience working with web server technologies, web-based collaboration platforms, virtualization platforms, content management systems, and network protocols.
M7 - Extensive knowledge and hands on experience working with MS technologies, including Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 servers and Active Directory Integration, SQL Server Admin (DBA) and SharePoint 2013/ SharePoint 2016 on premise server farms.
M8 - Experience working with Identity Assertion Providers and authentication methods including, OAUTH, SAML and WSFED.
M9 - Experience working with an organization of similar size to the client
M10 - Experience designing and working with Technology Architectures where MS Dynamics 365 CRM Online solutions are critical components.
M11 - Experience with IT project development, methodologies, frameworks, quality assurance, and business system design.
M12 - Experience designing and implementing interfaces to client’s IMAGIS (PeopleSoft) or other PeopleSoft implementations.
M13 - Experience architecting IBM Domino environments and hands on support of IBM Domino applications and servers.
Description of Skill
Min Years of Experience
D1 - Experience communicating with staff at all levels within an organization in the areas of consensus building, collaborative relationships and client service.
D2 - Experience using enterprise architecture frameworks (e.g. The Open Group Architecture Framework TOGAF, FEAF, or Zachman Framework).
D3 - Experience in architecture reviews of application system design.
D5 - Experience with strategic, tactical, and operational planning related to architecture.
D6 - Experience documenting solution architectures using Views and Viewpoints
D7 - Experience performing and documenting risk assessments
D8 - Experience leading the identification of Nonfunctional Requirements (NFRs) for a business solution including assessing against a set of NFRs in an RFP, RFI, RFC process
D9 - Experience with a formal design modeling methodology, for example UML, SysML, Archimate, Cisco Network drawings, etc.