– Database Administrator – Advanced The Database
Administrator will support the enhancement and functionality of mission critical applications through database cleanup, data archiving, and database backup and restoration among other tasks as determined by Division IT staff.
Position will be working directly with production databases and will be responsible for the standards and design of physical data storage, maintenance, and access of databases.
Position will perform backup and recovery on Database Management Systems, configure database parameters, and prototype designs against logical data models, define data repository requirements, data dictionaries, and warehousing requirements.
This position will optimize database access and allocate/re-allocate database resources for optimum configuration.
Position will proactively monitor the database environment and make changes to data structures, SQL, application logic or the database management system (DBMS) subsystem to optimize performance.
Position will design, debug, implement, and maintain stored procedures, triggers, and user-defined functions that are stored in the DBMS.
Position will ensure that databases and supporting application data are available and provide corrective measures for situations when data file pulls from other State Agencies are not provided or executed properly.
Position will assist in the creation of standard operating guides outlining DBMS maintenance requirements, SQL jobs, stored procedures and debugging solutions for mission critical applications.
Position will be responsible for generating custom financial reports from FOCUS as needed by the Finance Bureau.
In addition, the position may provide recommendations, enhancements and optimization solutions for the existing DBMS and mission critical applications, either individually or in concert with a project team, then plan, design, and develop improved business critical solutions, utilizing appropriate processes.
This position may apply programming languages and object-oriented approaches in designing, coding, testing, maintaining version control, and debugging existing business systems.
• 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
• Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
• Ability to create SQL jobs for transfer of data across networks
• Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory • Excellent written and verbal communication
• Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
• Ability to organize and plan work independently
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
• Experience working with programming languages such as .NET, C#, VB, SSIS, SSRS, and Java Script a plus • MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
• Ability to write complex queries