The Executive Office of Education has several new data warehouse initiatives underway and has a need for a Senior BI Consultant to assist in the implementations. The candidate will work with the current Cognos application, its migration to Power BI Report Server and its future extensions that enable end-users to analyze a school’s performance at multiple levels. The candidate will collaborate with other members of the Education Data Warehouse (EDW) team to resolve technical and data issues for the district users. The individual should be analytically oriented and be able to work as part of a small team.
We are seeking a talented Power BI Developer to lead the effort of utilizing Power BI as well as other tools such as SSAS, AAS and data flows to design, build and maintain BI models and solutions. The Power BI Developer will work closely with Project Managers and Technical Leads, as well as agency leads, project leads to drive project planning and execution of complex enterprise software development projects within set project targets and deadlines.
Hours not to exceed 1800 hours. A regular 37.5 hours work 10 days required holiday. Initially the role will be remote until EOE-IT can return to the Malden office location.
· Migrate existing Cognos reports to Power BI Report Server.
· Creates and maintains documentation to support the full software development lifecycle.
· Evaluates business requirements and processes to provide possible solutions and accurate estimates for development efforts.
· Assist with building Data Analytics enterprise models using Microsoft technologies including Power BI, SSAS, AAS, and data flows.
· Assist with the design and development of cubes and metadata using best practices.
· Design, implement and support a platform providing ad-hoc access to large datasets.
· Strong working experience with data lake reporting layers.
· Experience to connect to and transform data in Power BI.
· Experience producing Power BI data models and recommending best practices for the creation of reports and graphics/visualizations.
· Hands-on experience with enterprise business intelligence solution data modeling, data mart and data warehouse architecture.
· Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
· In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework.
· Team player-friendly, communicative, open, honest, thoughtful, and committed.
· Must work cooperatively with others, sharing ideas and collaborating, and ultimately putting team goals first.
· Power BI certification is an added advantage.