POSITION: Medical Center Storekeeper
START DATE: ASAP END DATE/CONTRACT LENGTH: 13 Weeks
LOCATION: Primarily Hillcrest – may be scheduled for UCSD JMC/Thornton (La Jolla)
SHIFT: 5 x 8H 9am Start
• Candidate will be expected to complete typical compliance for health care systems upon hire (including providing vaccine records, updated physical, background check, drug screen, etc.) in order to meet UC San Diego Health HR and Joint Commission standards.
• PLEASE INDICATE IN SUBMITTAL NOTES IF CANDIATE CAN WORK AT BOTH HILLCREST AND LA JOLLA OR ONLY HILLCREST.
• Ability to work at both is not required but preferred.
• Under supervision, incumbents operate a stores facility or work in a large stores operation providing service to clinical departments ; perform operational duties in ordering, receiving, storing, inventory, issuing, distributing, shipping and record keeping; determine stock items and stock levels; locate and order non-stock items and equipment parts; prepare and expedite orders; inspect items received; handle freight claims, quantity shortages, breakage, duplicate shipments, and back orders; advise coworkers of procedures or methods of handling claims for damage, quantity shortages, duplicate shipments, back orders, returned goods, inventory shortages, and other stores procedures; answer phones and respond to supply requests; stock supplies in central storage areas; place supply orders using a PAR system; provide customer service to met any needs of the end user; and any other Storekeeper activities as needed by Supply Chain Operations
• 1+ year experience with Customer service
• Basic knowledge of medical supplies
• Familiarity with Materials Management Information Systems