• MANAGER FEEDBACK: I expect the architect to be able to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty, not just building a data warehouse, fostering stewardship of the data, etc... but also to be knowledgeable enough to contribute elsewhere when necessary and to mentor others. Candidates didn't go into a lot of technical depth voluntarily unless pressed.
• This position is worked remote during the pandemic with occasional requests to go onsite. Anyone submitted must be willing to go onsite when requested. When the office returns to working onsite the resource must be willing to work onsite 100%.
• This posting will be closed on 10/22/2020 @ 3:00pm. At that time, resumes will be pushed to the agency.
• AS A REMINDER - Please submit a sub-vendor request to Knowledge Services, and receive an approval email from Knowledge Services prior to submitting into dotStaff. Anyone submitted without prior approval from Knowledge Services will be rejected.
• Max budgeted bill rate is $XXXXXXXX/hr, with a MAX MARK UP of 43.25%. All those submitted above the bill rate or with more than a 43.25% mark up will be rejected. Final bill rate may be negotiated by the agency.
• Local Only Candidates - Resumes must specify the current location of the candidate, all those who do not state current location will not be considered. - AS A REMINDER - Candidates must be local at time of submission, and available for in person interviews within 1 week of the posting close date. Candidates must also be able to start within 2 weeks of an offer being made.
• Please see the attached Cover letter that will need to be completed and submitted along with the resume. If the cover letter is not attached, or missing the required information, the candidate will be rejected.
• Right to Represents are required for all submissions. They must include the Client or agency name, Position title, dotStaff posting ID number, Vendor name, Candidate name, Date the right to represent was completed, and their acceptance agreement similar to “I agree” or “I confirm”. Any bid missing a Right to Represent will be rejected.
• Tentative start date will be dependent upon interviews conducted, successful background check process, and the state agency issuing a PO
MANAGER FEEDBACK: I expect the architect to be able to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty, not just building a data warehouse, fostering stewardship of the data, etc... but also to be knowledgeable enough to contribute elsewhere when necessary and to mentor others. Candidates didn't go into a lot of technical depth voluntarily unless pressed.
The Architect shall provide a Data Architecture to develop and implement an enterprise Data Warehouse Solution in support of the single source of truth and business process root cause analysis. The data warehouse will serve as a centralized repository for multiple data sources from internal and external sources. He or She shall gather requirements from stakeholders, prepare Data Warehouse Requirements Document, and create Data Warehouse Design Document.
The Data Warehouse Requirements Document will include usability requirements, security requirements, businesses requirements, data requirements, query requirements, and interface requirements. The Data Warehouse Design Document shall include the operational requirements, application architecture, information architecture, interface architecture, technology architecture, and security architecture.
Qualifications / Skills Matrix
Must have a thorough understanding of modern information technology infrastructure practices and possess at least ten (10) years of experience doing the following:
- Defining, designing and building relational and dimensional databases. Performing data access analysis design, and archive/recovery design and implementation.
- Maps source system data to data warehouse models
- Translating business needs into long-term architecture solutions.
- Developing and testing ETL processes
- Reviewing and developing object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
- Coordinating with business users to develop scripts, queries, or software code to accomplish specific requirements or tasks.
- Hands-on expertise in data warehousing and architecture, data modelling, master data, big data analytics, real-time analytics, and data visualization, and reporting
- Hands-on management of SQL Server 2012 or higher, Oracle, or IBM DB2, involving implementation of schemas, indexes, and query optimization
- Experience with Developing strategies for data acquisition, archive recovery, and implementation of a database.