Perform routine glassware and apparatus preparation, washing and sterilization in compliance with specified Standard Operating Procedures. Schedule and conduct Environmental Monitoring to support manufacturing activities and for product release while following GLP, QO and Regualtory procedures. Prepare media for Quality Control testing to support manufacturing acitivites and for product release while following batch recrods, QO, and GLP procedures. Perform sterility testing, water sample testing, moisture analysis and other various biological tests as needed.
Under close supervision, the Laboratory Technician will perform routine laboratory procedures using aseptic technique, in compliance with specifications in all Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Test Procedures used to support testing and release of product.
• Routine glassware and apparatus preparation, washing of glassware
• Decontaminate materials from laboratories via autoclave sterilization
• Sterilize glassware and other materials for use in laboratories
• Pick up and delivery of laboratory equipment and glassware for cleaning and sterilization based on several communication channels and schedules
• Prepare aseptic and non-aseptic media for other groups within QO
• Perform Environmental Monitoring in production areas
• Monitor processes and alert supervisory personnel of known or suspected quality problems
• Practice basic aseptic laboratory procedures as per training and SOPs
• Apply Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to assigned work
• Learn and demonstrate understanding of basic sterilization principles
• Learn and comply with regulatory requirements such as USDA, FDA, EU
• Perform sterility testing, water sample testing, moisture analysis and other various biological tests as needed.
• Assist in inventory management of laboratory supplies, assist in the equipment preparation and sterilization for laboratories as needed.