DVS (Roanoke location) - Tech Support 2. Contact only opportunity!
MAX VENDOR RATE: *****
This role is 100% on site. Pls make sure to share with your candidate.
Duration is expected to go 6-12 months with extension likely
Replacing: 652539. This is Contract ONLY opportunity (no plan to transition this to FTE role at this time).
If candidate interviewed previously for this role in last 30 days please DO NOT submit. Mgr is not interested in seeing those who have already interviewed. Pls ask your candidate before submitting.
*Local Roanoke area candidates strongly preferred. This role is 100% on site from Day 1. Pls make sure to share with your candidate.
Need a skilled Desktop / Technical Support Technician to support the Department of Veterans Services' (DVS) Virginia Veterans Care Center, which is a medical facility that has over 200 IT devices (desktops, laptops, and printers).
To assist DVS IT Management with integration, management, and support of the Information Technology program for the Virginia Veterans Care Center (VVCC). Will independently provide IT administration and technical support for agency specific software and hardware systems. This position requires the following skills:
- Knowledge on setup, configuration, and maintenance of PC desktops, laptops, and related peripheral devices (printers, scanners, etc.).
- Expert knowledge of installing, troubleshooting, administering Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office suite, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, McAfee Anti-Virus Software, Adobe Acrobat Reader/Writer, and other commercial business software products.
- Knowledge with setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of Android and Apple mobile devices.
- Working knowledge of supporting and troubleshooting Ethernet based LAN/WAN environments, including network protocols and concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Expert working knowledge and experience with E-mail application installation, administration, troubleshooting and training (Google Suite, PST files, calendaring, distribution lists, etc.).
- Basic experience with IT inventory control, ticketing system and reporting.
- Basic experience with analog and digital phone configuration and troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of Network and IT security.
- Possesses professional and courteous attitude with customers, team members, and support vendors; and has the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with each.
- Possesses excellent customer service skills and is teamwork oriented.
- Possesses excellent problem solving skills and has the ability to utilize available resources to assess/resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Possesses good organization and time management skills.
- Possesses the ability to create documentation on technical issues and solutions that are easy to understand.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and able to perform repetitive motion to include standing, sitting, reaching, lifting, walking, bending, and climbing.