VDH Website Developer
VENDOR MAXIMUM SUBMITTAL RATE *****/hr.
*local candidates strongly preferred
*candidates will work a mix of onsite and remote. Once restrictions are lifted, candidates will work onsite 100%
*all candidates will be interviewed onsite, NO exceptions, NO initial phone or web interview
In order to provide coordination and oversight of the Office of Epidemiology's (OEpi) webpages, the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) is hiring a Website Designer. VDH is committed to improving the accessibility of public health information to the members of the public, including those with visual impairment. The Website Designer supports these efforts by providing website design expertise and experience with Section 508 accessibility remediation. This Website Designer will be a member of OEpi's Policy, Administration, and Communications Team (PACT) which provides strategic, office-level support across divisions.
- Manage and coordinate COVID-19 webpages for the Office of Epidemiology in
coordination with the Office of Information Management web team.
- Update websites as-needed.
- Assure accessibility and Section 508 compliance for all web content.
- Assure design of the webpages is responsive to multiple devices.
- Serve as a technical expert and resource for the Office of Epidemiology for website
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Communication Arts and Design, Computer Science, or related field
of study or a minimum 3-5 years of work experience in a related field.
- Experience with website design using WordPress.
- Expert knowledge of Section 508 provisions and related application to policy, products,
- Operational knowledge of assistive technology (i.e. JAWS, Dragon, ZoomText).
- Experience with Public Health or related field.
- Enthusiastic team member with the ability to communicate effectively with both
communications staff and subject matter experts.
- Ability to work with Microsoft software packages.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to work remotely (must have access to reliable internet).
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week.