TARGET BILL RATE: /HR
CANDIDATE MUST BE HOUSTON, TX BASED. HYBRID POSITION (IN OFFICE AND WORK FROM HOME MIX)
WM’s Digital Disposal Operations team is looking for a skilled project manager who also has experience as a scrum master. Experience as a business analyst would also be helpful.
Under general supervision, oversees the planning, execution, and completion of small to medium-sized Technology projects and assumes responsibility for custom software development projects and enhancements to existing software. Works in a matrixed environment and will lead a diverse set of technology resources for the duration of the project. Communicates project status to Senior and Executive Technology Leadership and will be ultimately responsible for project success.
Essential Duties for the role:
• Acts as the primary liaison between technical staff and business owners; demonstrating advanced communication skills between all levels of the organization.
• Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
• Plays a critical role in organizing the team utilizing Agile/Scrum practices and ensuring project goals are being maintained (i.e. running daily scrum meetings, sprints, planning meetings)
• Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
• Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution ensuring the work gets done in a professional manner.
• Documents requirements and formulates test plans with QA and other partner groups prior to requesting business user testing as required.
• Provides top-level business and systems analysis while focusing organizational strategic vision.
• Ability to formulate and document systems/process scope and objectives based on user requirements, process flow definitions, business process mapping and functional specifications.
• Verifies the business user sign off acceptance and development of deployment plans.
• Ability to manage and maintain project level budgets ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery
• Doing everything possible to ensure delighting customers
• Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
• Thorough knowledge of Jira
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus)
• Thorough knowledge of MS Project
• Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
• Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
• Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
• Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
• Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs ,etc)
• Previous experience as a team lead on a large project in a Fortune company
• Experience in a Business Analyst or Software Development role
• Excellent communication and mentoring skills
• MS Office tool expertise, with PowerPoint, and especially Excel