The Workday Technical Specialist is responsible for supporting DHS in the implementation of Workday Financial.
The Division of Information Technology (DOIT) provides adaptable, secure, and cost-effective technology services and solutions across the Department of Human Services (DHS) Divisions, Partners and Citizens. We manage all of DHS’s IT assets, projects and resources, and we deliver technology and expertise to support Citizens of Iowa and their family’s every day. This includes consistently delivering top tier performance and value to citizens as a trusted partner and services provider.
DoIT is committed to the pursuit of creative and innovative solutions that enable our Agency to help Iowans achieve healthy, safe, stable and self-sufficient lives through the programs and services we provide. We strive for an IT culture that identifies the newest, most effective solutions through discovery, open discussion and collaboration. We have fun together, care about each other and take pride in the solutions we provide. We believe in continuously optimizing our processes, refining our solutions and improving ourselves to the benefit of the Iowans we serve. If you are passionate about applying your creative and innovative architecture strategies and approaches across the Department of Human Services enterprise then this is the role for you!
The Iowa Department of Human Services is seeking a candidate to support the implementation of Workday Financial. The candidate must have prior experience with Workday Financial and Workday Human Capital Management; implementation and data conversion experience are preferred.
The Technical Specialist will be responsible for adhering to project management governance. Additionally, the Technical Specialist will be accountable for generating project schedules, identifying/staffing needed resourcing, completing the procurement of vendor products / implementation services, and submitting funding requests as required. The Technical Specialist will manage the delivery efforts and report status of each to the COO and/or Executive Steering Committee.
The Technical Specialist will be part of a team responsible for all aspects of project governance, assessment, management and control. The ability to gather and define requirements; build a project plan; identifying resource needs; and transparent, clear communications across all levels of stakeholders. Essential is the ability to multi-task on continually changing and morphing priorities as prescribed by leadership in response to department and legislative direction.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• The mapping of current financial structures, projects, and cost allocation processes from the department’s current accounting system to the Workday system
• Data conversion, including the testing and reconciliation of financial data in the Workday system
• A redesign of current financial processes to better align with the Workday system
• Scenario modeling
• Attendance at stakeholder meetings to ensure the department is aware of and involved in the latest Workday design efforts
• Manual writing
• Project management activities to ensure implementation requirements and timeframes are met
• Ability to work within a project governance structure (methodology, required templates and reporting)
• Ability to interact with, educate, learn from, and drive business and IT/Fiscal teams.
• Ability to work effectively under very broad direction with general supervision
• Ability to motivate team and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
• Ability to gather and organize multiple simultaneous complex business process scenarios
• Ability to break down complex tasks into actionable work items, sequenced appropriately
• Ability to manage scope creep with a focus on delivering a minimum viable product
• Excellent organizational, presentation, interpersonal and team building skills
• Excellent time management and project planning/strategizing skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated experience with managing client expectations, implementing service improvement initiatives
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple parallel work efforts
• Track project progress, monitor and modify project schedules and provide status updates to project team. Escalate issues to management and/or appropriate leadership as appropriate.
• Provide insight and knowledge into improving processes related to portfolio, project and program management
• Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
Required / Desired